ELD Compliance: Are You Heading Down a One-Way Street?
The deadline for compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s ELD mandate is fast approaching. For companies rushing to comply with this new rule, there are two approaches: one allows companies to do no more than meet the government’s minimal requirements; the other empowers your fleet to achieve greater efficiency and cost savings.
Discover how making a smart choice in selecting your ELDs can minimize your hardware investment cost and improve delivery operations.
Download our white paper to learn:
- How a shortsighted ELD compliance strategy costs companies more in the long run
- What companies should look for when choosing ELD devices
- How ELDs play a vital role in a true “connected enterprise”
- Why ELDs are an important business intelligence resource
Is There a Blind Spot in Your LTL Operations?
Few other transportation work environments can match a busy cross-dock operation for pure frenetic energy. Add a paper-based process to the controlled chaos and you have a recipe that could lead to costly errors and dissatisfied customers. Enter cross-dock process automation.
Adding automation to your process helps to streamline dock operations, minimize shipping errors and reduce lost revenue associated with incorrect weights, dimensions, and OS&D saving you time, money, and hassles.
Download our white paper to learn:
- The shortcomings of traditional paper-based cross-dock processes
- The expectations of customers in an increasingly e-commerce focused economy
- How automating cross-dock processes can increase employee efficiency
- How automation can help you improve customer satisfaction, minimize errors, and improve financial performance
Transportation Institution vs. Information
The landscape of transportation and distribution is constantly changing. Trends such as omni-channel, crowdsourced and drone-facilitated delivery are placing new demands on trucking companies. By improving processes and utilizing Master Data Management, you can respond to these demands while driving efficiency in operations, business development, customer service, and sales within your company. You'll learn how to leverage technology and data to turn your company into an information-driven organization.
Download our white paper to learn:
- Industry trends and the impact of omni-channel delivery and new technologies on the future of distribution
- How master data management (MDM) can help you create and maintain actionable, reliable, complete, accurate, timely and secure data in a single environment
- Why MDM is key to improve fleet maintenance, customer relations and dock operations
The New Freight Transportation Puzzle
Using Advanced Transportation Management Systems for Omni-Channel and Last Mile Delivery Models
As omni-channel delivery models become more common, and even expected, carriers and logistics service providers are striving to rise to meet the freight transportation challenges of a 21st century economy. Advanced transportation management can help 3PLs, brokers and carriers to rethink and expand internal processes and service offerings to respond successfully navigate this uncharted territory.
Download our white paper to learn:
- The driving forces behind the changing supply chain
- How to transform and improve your service offerings
- The demands that e-commerce places on your transportation model, and how to respond to these challenges
- How business intelligence and analytics can help your business be more effective and efficient
The 20:1 Solution
Calculating the ROI of a Modern Asset Maintenance I.T. Solution
A growing number of fleets now apply the same I.T.-enabled discipline to maintenance operations that help improve the performance of most other operational areas.
Regardless of fleet size, the use of a modern asset maintenance solution can drive step-change improvements in shop efficiency, cost control and vehicle productivity. It can help maintenance operations optimize PM cycles, reduce labor hours, track product wear rates, and collect intelligence that can be used to improve purchasing strategies.
Download our white paper to explore how a modern AMS can help your company save money by:
- Helping you manage warranties and inventory
- Streamlining facility scheduling and repair order processes
- Providing real-time data tracking
Adaptive Fuel Supply Helping Carriers Increase Efficiency, Profitability
Modern Technologies Promoting Service Excellence and ROI Through Improved Planning, Execution and Situational Awareness
Bulk fuel carriers are the tightrope walkers of the fuel supply chain, operating daily within the narrowest of tolerances to meet the needs of retail customers in a timely manner and in the quantities they need – no more and no less. Delivering the right loads in the right amounts and at the right times is paramount, and carriers who arrive before or after the optimal service window can create an array of problems for themselves and their customers.
In order to continue to grow in today’s rapidly changing environment, carriers are proactively adapting to market conditions by examining and addressing each opportunity to improve operational efficiency and enhance their customers’ buying experience. The primary tool enabling these changes is a modern transportation management system (TMS).
- How industry changes have created new challenges in fuel delivery
- Modern tools can help carriers become more efficient
- Why TMS solutions are necessary to provide deeper visibility and situational awareness
- How modern TMS solutions help carriers maintain data integrity by streamlining the flow of information
Food Safety Technology Solutions Spanning the Supply Chain
Is your business doing enough to comply with regulations and ensure preventative processes are in place?
The causes of foodborne illnesses are plentiful and impact the entire food supply chain. What’s even more concerning is these illnesses are largely preventable by using the proper precautions – and the right technology.
This guide covers:
- Understanding the Food Safety Modernization Act
- STF (Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food) Requirements for Shippers, Carriers and Receivers
- ELD Compliance Deadlines and Driver Benefits
- How You Can Provide Safe, Compliant Transportation from Farm-to-Fork
Big Data Driven Transportation Analytics
Concentrating and unifying operational data allows you to deliver actionable insight at both the operational and strategic levels, driving innovation and alignment for even the smallest fleet.
Download our FREE white paper to learn how big data can supplement your analytics and help your company make faster, more educated decisions.
You'll learn how:
- Data-driven decision making drives operational and strategic innovation
- Flexible, integrated information systems and services help deliver actionable data, enabling nimble and well-informed decisions
- Selecting the right systems and services can maintain alignment with rapidly changing business circumstances and industry requirements
- Industry-level analytics can help you measure, benchmark against industry trends, and provide the data necessary to make decisions on corporate direction in a constantly changing industry
Diversifying Transportation Services
Accelerating Business Performance With A Comprehensive TMS ApproachThe value of integrated transportation management software for mixed asset-based and non-asset service providers
Shippers and transportation service providers are adjusting to a ‘new normal’ business environment. Many shippers in manufacturing have strengthened and lengthened their supply chains, introducing complexities that require a broader range of logistics services and additional support from skilled transportation partners. Responding in kind, logistics service providers and trucking companies have added required services, electronically integrated with their customers’ supply chains, continuously reinventing themselves to turn a profit and grow the business. Over time, many of these relationships have evolved and even converged, enabling diversified transportation service providers to play a more strategic role in their customers’ supply chains.Download Now
Executive Guide to Fleet Fuel Economy, Part 1
With major flux and market volatility surrounding the cost of diesel fuel, complete with highs over $4 per gallon over sustained periods, it is crucial that businesses take full control over variables affecting fuel spend and consumption that are within their influence. One solution to spiraling fuel costs is to focus on the basic premise of conservation.
To achieve improved fuel economy in a systematic way requires a good understanding of the elements that affect vehicle performance and the development of a plan to minimize their impact. This paper is intended to provide a refresher on fuel economy basics and a discussion of savings options you may select to implement within your fleet. A complete fuel management program generally begins with fuel purchasing and ends with vehicle fuel consumption. Our focus in this document will be on vehicular aspects of fuel economy.
Part 2 of this Executive Guide will explore the challenge of driver management in a fuel conservation program.Download Now
Executive Guide to Fleet Fuel Economy, Part 2
With major flux and market volatility surrounding the cost of diesel fuel, complete with highs of more than $4 per gallon over sustained periods, it is crucial that businesses take full control over variables affecting fuel spend and consumption that are within their influence. One solution to skyrocketing fuel costs is to focus on the basic premise of conservation.
To achieve improved fuel economy in a systematic way requires a good understanding of the full range of equipment and employee contributions to fuel consumption. Part 1 of this informational series provides a refresher on fuel economy basics with a discussion of savings options you may select to implement within your fleet. A complete fuel management program generally begins with a review of fuel purchasing and ends with consideration of vehicle fuel consumption. Our focus in
Part 2 of this Fuel Economy Executive Guide will be on change management within your organization, especially for driver and other staff behavior that impacts the success of any fuel conservation program.
This document will expand on the leadership decisions and commitments that are necessary to bring about real change in your employee and driver population regarding attitudes and behavior toward fuel economy. We will offer practical and strategic guidance on driver management and behavior modification approaches and techniques, the relative costs of various approaches and their comparative impact on fuel mileage. Driver training, motivation and handling common objections are covered as well.Download Now
Integrating Routing Software With Your Business Process Workflow
You’ve decided to explore "route optimization." What motivated you to look into the idea?
Maybe it was the last fuel bill, the one that had doubled from the year before; or customer complaints about waiting too long for a delivery or missed delivery times. Perhaps you just realized that every morning a substantial amount of product leaves your building—and you have very little idea about what’s really going to happen with it.
Whatever the reason, you’re going to look at new tools to manage your fleet of vehicles.
Read this whitepaper to learn everything you need to know to get started.
The Top Dangers of Undetected Fault Codes
Fleet safety impacts an entire organization.
Drivers have primary responsibility to monitor the operating status of their vehicles for safety purposes, but they aren't alone. The rest of the business dealing with insurance rates, liability risks, CSA scores and recruiting or retaining good drivers recognizes the dependence on having well-maintained, safe vehicles. And as primary revenue generators for commercial trucking companies, vehicles with unscheduled downtime and repair events cut into productivity and profitability.Download Now